It was chilly and overcast so we decided on the pool rather than the beach. It had not yet rained so I was surprised to discover that the pool was cold. We had a short but fun time.
Chris and Wesley were the first in the pool. Is it me or are Wesley's lips blue?
James swimming with his face in the water. He later showed off for Daddy and Ms. Renee by swimming the length of the back pool (not 25m) without his floatie.
Renee wasn't any happier about getting in the water than I was, but Lydia was sure glad for it!
Joseph loves being in the pool, cold or not!
At one point Lang had all three boys. I managed to snap this picture just after Lang commanded them to disperse (he kept Joseph).
Finally, much to my amazement, all of the children were out of the pool and only Chris, Lang and I were still in it. That was my first clue it was time to head home. Lang prepared a leftover smorgasboard and we played a game while all of the kids sans John took a nap, even James slept! I guess all that swimming wore him out...how come that doesn't work the rest of the week?
During our lunch preparation we had a great thunderstorm. I grew up watching thunderstorms on the front porch and am continually amazed by them. I will now reveal the importance of the storm...
After naps, we headed to Rehoboth for rides and Nicola's. We had no trouble finding parking and headed straight to Funland, only to discover a lightning strike had knocked out all but five of the rides.
The boys in line for the helicopter ride.
Joseph and Daddy on the helicopter ride.
Only four more inches and Joseph will be ready for the Gravitron! I must admit that I blatantly stole the idea for this picture from Chris. He has an even better shot of Lydia (she didn't run off the moment she was placed in front of the sign).
After we bagged the rides we sent Lang ahead with James to Nicola's while we "moseyed" on down the boardwalk. When we finally met up with him there we discovered there was a two-hour wait! So, off we headed to Grotto's for dinner. The kids were thrilled there was a game room in the restaurant, so this might have been a better choice after all.
By the time the weekend was done it was amazing how many things which never should have gone wrong did. Let's count:
- No ghost crabs on our ghost crab adventure
- Joseph's high fever
- Chilly and crowded on the boardwalk
- Pool was c-c-cold on Sunday
- Accident on the bay bridge causing 10-12 mile back-ups
- Lightning strike takes out rides in Rehoboth
- Two-hour wait at Nicola's
Most of all, everyone made it home safe. The Sturgill's left at 5am, Lang at 5:20am, Betsy and Nicholas had a safe trip home Friday night and Mom and Lucy arrived here safely Monday afternoon. Yes, the dog is back. I wish I had had my camera to capture the smile on Joseph's face when she first walked in the door.
1 comment:
Lovely picture of me.
I hadn't thought of the "comedy of errors" but it makes me laugh to reflect back on it that way. We were having such a great time that I didn't even think about things not going as planned.
Chris just asked me, "Where is the closest Grotto's"
Post a Comment